I love long weekends!!
I had a lovely evening run tonight to my friend Kat’s house and back. It was great to be able to drop in for a few minutes and get a drink of water!
Distance: 7.42 miles
Time: 1 hour, 3 minutes
Pace: 8.49 minute mile
I made my 9-A-Day today! WOO HOO! Here’s the breakdown:
- 1 banana in my morning smoothie
- 1 serving spinach in said smoothie
- 1 serving of veggies in my tofu scramble at lunch
- 1 serving of cooked zucchini at lunch
- 3 servings of tomato salad for dinner
- 1 apple at dinner
- 1 serving of Banana Soft Serve for dessert
That’s 9, baby!
The tomato salad idea was given to me by Kat. It’s super easy and super yummy.
- 3 pints cherry tomatoes – I used an assortment of yellow and red that I got at the farmer’s market
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, diced
Cut the cherry tomatoes into quarters. Toss with the basil and garlic – add salt and pepper to taste.
Put the salad into a colander over a bowl to catch the liquid.
Kat also recommended using the liquid to make salad dressing – how cool is that?!
For dessert (a second dessert!) I had a homemade Peanut Butter Crispie Treat!
Peanut Butter Crispy Treat
- 8 oz Dandies vegan marshmallows (I actually used part Dandies and part Sweet and Sara)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance natural spread
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- 3 cups cocoa crispy brown rice cereal
Prepare an 8X8 glass cake pan by spraying it lightly with canola oil.
Melt the marshmallows, Earth Balance, and brown rice syrup in small saucepan.
Add in the peanut butter and blend all together until smooth.
Combine the peanut butter mixture and the cereal in a bowl. Combine well – you may get to have to use your hands.
Press the cereal into the prepared pan, and place in the refrigerator until set.
YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!
Have a super awesome Labor Day and eat your fruits and veggies!!