Time magazine reported yesterday that the University of Missouri has had a huge breakthrough in the creation of fake chicken meat. Not only does it LOOK like chicken it TASTES like chicken too.
So this makes me wonder, assuming that you really wouldn’t notice a difference between real chicken and the new fake chicken, how do you feel about eating soy-based “chicken?”
1. Decreasing our chicken consumption means fewer chickens will be tortured and slaughtered – I think this is a good thing!
2. Fewer chickens = less chicken poop and gas = better for the environment
3. Could fake chicken possibly be good for you in terms of calories, fat, cholesterol etc than real chicken? I really don’t know…
4. Fake chicken is, well, fake! So we’re adding one more processed food to the menu. What is the effect on our health?
What do you think?
Related articles by Zemanta
- Fake Meat: Vegetarian Chicken Closer To Reality (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tastes Like Chicken: The Quest for Fake Meat (time.com)
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.